While automatic air vents are a great solution to reduce corrosion in wet pipe fire sprinkler systems, sometimes a higher level of protection is needed. Wet Pipe Nitrogen Inerting (WPNI) will eliminate corrosion by displacing oxygen gas with high purity nitrogen gas. The use of the ECS Protector Nitrogen Inerting Vent (PAV-WN) along with the nitrogen injection port facilitates the WPNI process. Any trapped gas remaining in the system is no longer corrosive. WPNI offers the simplest, safest and most efficient means for stopping corrosion in wet pipe systems. No water treatment, chemicals, or coatings needed. The PAV-WN allows trapped gas to escape from the system while also providing a location to sample gas from the sprinkler system during the WPNI process. These are known as a protector inerting vent.
Protector Inerting Vent
- FM Approved Meets NFPA 13 vent requirement
- Includes nitrogen injection port 12” x 5” x 9” (W x D x H), 8 lbs.
- Industry best 5” clear height
- 1” MNPT system connection
- Rated for 175 psi No plumbing to drain required
- Available supervised model for remote monitoring (PAV-WNS)