40”(W) X 32”(D) X 58”(H)
PGEN-20 Power Requirement:
120V AC on dedicated 20 amp circuit
460V/3 phase on dedicated 15 amp circuit
air/nitrogen supply: ½” FNPT
condensate drain: ½” MNPT
Product Spec Sheet (PGEN-20)
Click to enlarge
ECS Protector Skid Mount Nitrogen Generator (Pre-Engineered)
- FM Approved per Approval Standard 1035
- Designed specifically for dry pipe and pre-action fire sprinkler systems
- Up to 3,200 gallon cumulative capacity, with up to 950 gallon single system capacity @ 40 psi †
- For use under U.S. Patents 8,720,591, 9,144,700 and 9,186,533
The ECS Protector Skid Mount Nitrogen Generator, model PGEN-20, is designed to replace oxygen, which causes corrosion, with nitrogen as the pressure maintenance gas in dry and pre-action fire sprinkler systems. This pre-engineered nitrogen generator includes an air compressor, aftercooler, air receiver tank, and automatic tank drain.
† single system capacity based on 30 minute fill requirement; an existing/secondary air compressor can be used to meet fill requirement for larger individual systems
Find out if a Pre-Engineered Nitrogen Generator is right for your project. Click here for our product selection guide.
- Provides a quiet, reliable source of nitrogen pressure maintenance
- Completely controls oxygen corrosion in both black steel and galvanized steel piping systems
- Easy plug-and-play installation
- Simple to maintain with low maintenance costs – just annual filter cartridge replacement
- Can be retrofitted to existing systems; existing compressed air systems can be used as a backup
- Provides an unlimited supply of on-demand nitrogen – no nitrogen storage tanks required
- Nitrogen generator produces constant stream of 98%+ nitrogen gas
- Integral UL listed oil-less air compressor rated for minimum 5,000 hours
- Built-in run timer to monitor usage and maintenance cycles
- External piping features a manual by-pass valve for maintenance or “fast fill” needs
- After cooler captures moisture from compressed air supply
- Automatic condensate drain provides blow down of collected condensation
- Meets NFPA 13 30-minute fill requirement for dry and pre-action fire sprinkler systems
- Utilizes premium gas separation membrane rated for 20 years of continuous duty service
“Fill and Purge”
The engineers at ECS were the first to develop the patented “fill and purge” breathing process for the fire protection industry. The process requires the use of two components attached to a fire sprinkler system: (1) a nitrogen generator and (2) a venting device. This process facilitates Dry Pipe Nitrogen Inerting (DPNI) which removes virtually all oxygen (the primary cause of corrosion) from the fire sprinkler system piping.
Once the concentration of nitrogen reaches 98% or greater the “fill and purge” process is complete and the nitrogen generator system will periodically provide supervisory nitrogen gas as needed. The continuous high concentration of nitrogen inside the fire sprinkler system will completely control corrosion.